Event pages contain all the details of an event to be displayed on the website.
Adding a new event page
- From the backend WordPress menu go to Events > Add New.
- Fill in the title
- If it is a local Braillists group event (meeting, Braille & Beer, etc) use the format “Group Name: Event title” – for instance “Bristol Braillists: Transcription”.
- Fill in a description of the event in the main text box.
- Do not add access restrictions (unless not intended for public view)
- Add suitable tags (see previous events for examples)
- Select categories
- if it is a meeting and what type
- if it is hosted by a local Braillists group and which one
- you can add more categories (new local groups, for instance) but please ensure they are correctly nested
- Fill in date and time details – either all day or specific start and end times.
- Choose an existing venue from the drop down list or add a new one in the form below (please be accurate as it affects the google maps rendering).
- Choose an existing organiser or add a new one.
- Add an event website if applicable.
- If you want it to be automatically publicly available but at a later date, click on Edit next to Publish immediately to set a date for publication.
- Click on Preview to open an unpublished preview in a new window.
- Click on Save Draft to save it unpublished for review and publication later.
- Click on Publish to save it and make it publicly available through the events pages.