Information for Blind and Partially Sighted People During the Coronavirus (COVID-19) Pandemic
Last updated 25 May 2020 11:00 BST
Weekly Conference Calls
- Braille for Beginners, Mondays at 19:00 BST (18:00 GMT)
- Jenny Langly walks us step by step through the braille code, using the RNIB Fingerprint course as a reference.
- Clever Cooking, Wednesdays at 18:00 BST (17:00 GMT)
- Emma Williams, who teaches cookery at a school for visually impaired children, will be sharing accessible recipes, hints and tips.
- Stay Safe: Stay Connected, Fridays at 18:00 BST (17:00 GMT)
- General conference call to enable anyone with concerns or questions to seek and share advice and support specific to the Visually Impaired community.
How to Join
We hold all our calls on Zoom. You can join any of our calls using this link.
If you’d rather not use Zoom, you can join by phone:
- UK phone number: 0203 481 5240
- If you live outside the UK but wish to dial in via telephone, please consult this list for a telephone number in your country.
If you are dialling by phone or cannot use the Zoom link above, please use this meeting ID: 227 981 901
We’ve now moved our Moderation Policy, Useful Commands and Mobile Phone Contact Instructions and Call Resources to their own pages.
Please note, the health and safety of all of our members, board and friends is always our top priority and we will not be holding any public face to face Braillists meetings or events until further notice. The Braillists Foundation will continue to monitor the situation and follow public health advice accordingly.
Get IN Touch
We know that there are lots of things we haven’t thought about and lots of resources we don’t know about. If you think there’s something missing or spot a resource that you think we should add, please get in touch with us by email: [email protected].