Welcome to our braille pages. This section of the website is for you if you don’t know anything about braille but want to learn, you know braille but want to brush up your skills, you want to know where to purchase braille products, or you’re a sighted friend or family member of a braillist.
- If you’ve never heard of braille before, start with our What Is Braille? page.
- Our Learn Braille page provides links to courses and supplementary resources at a range of levels.
- Our Braille Tips page provides some helpful hints for making the most of braille and remembering parts of the code which you might find tricky.
- Our Braille and Tactile Consumables page provides information about the various sizes and types of braille paper on offer, suppliers of braille labelling tape and braille paper ring binders, and other tactile products such as Bump Ons and Wikkistix
- The Braillecast podcast is the official podcast of the Braillists Foundation with exclusive interviews and features about braille
- For peer support with any aspect of braille, visit our Braille Communities page.
Over the next few months, we’ll be offering a series of conference calls to teach people the braille code and enable people to make the most of their braille knowledge. Many of these have been made possible by the Winston Churchill Memorial Trust Fellowship, which awards grants to inspiring individuals who possess the passion and commitment to make a real difference. You can find out more on our Events page.
We are delighted to be able to offer a range of free braille equipment. For more information, please see our Equipment page.