Welcome to our braille pages. This section of the website is for you if you don’t know anything about braille but want to learn, you know braille but want to brush up your skills, you want to know where to purchase braille products, or you’re a sighted friend or family member of a braillist.
- If you’ve never heard of braille before, start with our What Is Braille? page.
- Our Learn Braille page provides links to courses and supplementary resources at a range of levels.
- Our Braille Tips page provides some helpful hints for making the most of braille and remembering parts of the code which you might find tricky.
- Our Braille and Tactile Consumables page provides information about the various sizes and types of braille paper on offer, suppliers of braille labelling tape and braille paper ring binders, and other tactile products such as Bump Ons and Wikkistix
- The Braillecast podcast is the official podcast of the Braillists Foundation with exclusive interviews and features about braille
Join our Braille Bar
Every Monday at 7:00 PM in the UK, we’ll be having a conference call for braillists old and new. For now, please see our Stay Safe: Stay Connected page for more information. Once Lockdown is over, we’ll move the information to this page.
Purchase a Hand Frame
Thanks to a generous donation from our friends at Bristol Braille Technology CIC, the Braillists Foundation has a limited number of Janus Interline Braille Slates which it is making available for a minimum donation of £5. If you’d like to buy one, please send your address to [email protected] and make your donation via Go Fund Me and we’ll post one out to you.
Please note: these slates take 3×5 inch index cards. Suitable paper is listed on our Braille Consumables page.