Winston Churchill Memorial Trust grant
We’re delighted to announce the Winston Churchill Memorial Trust have awarded us a grant to develop remote Braille tuition courses and distribute Braille resources. We’ll have more information to share in the coming weeks.
The WCMT Fellowship awards grants to inspiring individuals who possess the passion and commitment to make a real difference.
The Braillists is a grass-roots community group connecting Braille readers with Braille technology developers and funders.
Braille is a simple code for representing written language. Almost anyone can learn the Braille alphabet and numbers in under an hour.
We believe Braille has the potential to transform the life of any blind person who has the opportunity to learn it.
- Promote the value of Braille as a proven literacy tool that enriches the lives of blind people.
- Support efforts to make affordable Braille and tactile reading technologies available to all blind people irrespective of education and employment status.
- Provide an open forum for the exchange of ideas about the development of future Braille technology.
Join our announcements only mailing list to receive occasional newsletters.
Join the conversation and meet other Braillists on our discussion forum.
Connect with us on twitter @Braillists for up to the minute Braillists news.
Listen to some braille-related audio on Soundcloud (braillists).
Stay Safe: Stay Connected
In response to the COVID-19 pandemic, we are running a number of Zoom calls and providing accessible resources. Find out more here.
- About Braille from the National Braille Press
- Louis Braille Biography from the American Foundation for the Blind
- BrailleCast – a podcast produced by Braillists members
Please see our Sponsors and Partners for information on organisations who are supporting us.