- Choosing and Setting Up your Embosser, This Tuesday at 7:30 PM
In our first Masterclass of 2022, Matthew Horspool will be tackling the hows, whys and wherefores of braille embossers: choosing them, setting them up and making the most of them. The session will cover:
- The purpose and function of an embosser and why you might want one
- Different types of embosser
- Different types of paper
- Connectivity options
- The user interface
- The relationship between embosser and computer
- The role of translation software
It will take place at 7:30 PM and you can register here: https://us02web.zoom.us/meeting/register/tZYpcO-sqzktG9TvgYRqSttK4_cqV7zNAiby
To join by telephone, please use these details:
- Phone number: 0131 460 1196
- Meeting ID: 824 7645 2710
- Passcode: 123456
The Braillists is a grass-roots community group connecting Braille readers with Braille technology developers and funders.
Braille is a simple code for representing written language. Almost anyone can learn the Braille alphabet and numbers in under an hour.
We believe Braille has the potential to transform the life of any blind person who has the opportunity to learn it.
- Promote the value of Braille as a proven literacy tool that enriches the lives of blind people.
- Support efforts to make affordable Braille and tactile reading technologies available to all blind people irrespective of education and employment status.
- Provide an open forum for the exchange of ideas about the development of future Braille technology.
Join our announcements only mailing list to receive occasional newsletters.
Join the conversation and meet other Braillists on our discussion forum.
Listen to some braille-related audio on Soundcloud (braillists).
- About Braille from the National Braille Press
- Louis Braille Biography from the American Foundation for the Blind
- BrailleCast – a podcast produced by Braillists members
Please see our Sponsors and Partners for information on organisations who are supporting us.