- Reminder: TAVIP Tech Chat Live and Braillists Braille and Beer after Sight Village on Tuesday
You are warmly invited to join TAVIP (the Technology Association of Visually Impaired People) and the Braillists Foundation for a lively discussion about the latest braille, technology and accessibility solutions. Everyone is welcome.
Tuesday 28 June 2022
Inn at The Farm
Farmhouse Way, Solihull, B90 4EH
The Farm is a 12 minute bus ride on the no. 5, leaving directly outside the conference centre on Cranmore Avenue and arriving about 200 yards from The Farm on Farmhouse Way/Shelly Crescent.
Contact details on the evening:
- Mike Townsend (TAVIP): 07967 658028
- Ed Rogers (Braillists Foundation): 07908 569214
The Braillists is a grass-roots community group connecting Braille readers with Braille technology developers and funders.
Braille is a simple code for representing written language. Almost anyone can learn the Braille alphabet and numbers in under an hour.
We believe Braille has the potential to transform the life of any blind person who has the opportunity to learn it.
- Promote the value of Braille as a proven literacy tool that enriches the lives of blind people.
- Support efforts to make affordable Braille and tactile reading technologies available to all blind people irrespective of education and employment status.
- Provide an open forum for the exchange of ideas about the development of future Braille technology.
Join our announcements only mailing list to receive occasional newsletters.
Join the conversation and meet other Braillists on our discussion forum.
Listen to some braille-related audio on Soundcloud (braillists).
- About Braille from the National Braille Press
- Louis Braille Biography from the American Foundation for the Blind
- BrailleCast – a podcast produced by Braillists members
Please see our Sponsors and Partners for information on organisations who are supporting us.