Those of us who are going to the NFB Convention are all gearing up and getting excited for the trip to Houston. Dave Williams, Steph Sergeant and Ed Rogers are holding a local Braillists meet-up in person. Steph and Ed are bringing Canute Consoles for demonstrations and we would be very interested in getting your feedback.
The meeting will be at 6:30 PM US Central Daylight Time on Wednesday 5 July at The Hilton Americas-Houston hotel, 1600 Lamar Street, Houston, Texas, 77010.
Our agenda will be:
- Introductions. 10 minutes.
- Discuss new Braille news from the Convention. 30 minutes.
- Simultaneous. 40 minutes.
- Demos of the Canute Console from Bristol Braille Technology CIC, the world’s first multiline Braille workstation; including maps of Houston, star maps, floor plans, bar graphs and full page tactile video games.
- Catch up with people you know from our online events and forum.
- Many of us will be going on to get some supper in a nearby restaurant once the meeting is done and all are welcome.
We will meet in the lobby bar of the Hilton and go from there to the meeting room, which is currently still to be confirmed. If you can’t find us immediately, please go to the bar and ask for the Braillists Foundation. Alternatively you can ring us at the event on +16179367064, WhatsApp +447473625387, or email [email protected].
We’re very much looking forward to catching up with old friends and meeting new faces.